Friday, June 19, 2009

Better Late then Never........


So, when it comes to teaching my children to know their letters and sounds, counting, reading, adding, subtracting, and all that other educational stuff, I am pretty good. When it comes to teaching my children how to ride a bike, not so good. Jeremy and I have definitely been slackers at teaching them this skill. Though, I will attribute some of it to the place where we live. Our neighborhoods have not always been the best place to teach them. For example, our neighborhood now is very hilly. Well, I took the kids to visit some family in Las Vegas and my dad has been working with them. They are almost experts now in the riding the bike skill. Their Aunt Margaret has even been taking them out in the mornings and helping them practice. What is that saying, "It takes a village to raise them" Well, I guess that is the case here. At least they know now, right? Look at them ride, just like they have been riding their bikes for years. We will just have to help them keep it up when we get home. Hopefully we will be better with Hunter, since now he is wanting to learn.



No comments: