Monday, March 8, 2010

Look, It's Amelia Bedelia

A couple of weeks ago, the author of Amelia Bedelia, Herman Parish, visited the kid's school. What a treat and of course they had to have books that he could sign. Me being an avid reader had to let that happen, so I let the kids pick the books that they would like to have for him to sign. How exciting for them. They were so excited to tell me all about it when they got home. Well, today I dropped off a folder for Emilee at school and I ran into Hunter's teacher. She handed me this newspaper clipping she found in the paper of the event and what you know, it was Hunter having his book signed by the author himself. I thought that was totally cool. Doesn't my Hunter look so big? How fun that day must have been. (It is just a small caption, but I think you can click on the picture and it should go larger to read the print)
Well, of course, Mr. Parish had to bring Amelia Bedelia along, so there she is. That is her brushing Emilee's teacher's hair or something. You know that Amelia....she is always doing something funny.

1 comment:

Emily H. said...

How cool- I wish Mr.Parish could have hopped over to my kid's school! How fun that Hunter got to be in the newspaper too. The next time your dad comes to town and needs a project to do- send him to my house. :) That closet gives a lot of nice storage!