Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Kids!

Birthdays, birthdays, and more birthdays.  I have been blessed with three wonderful adorable children.  I will have to say, that they are some of the bestest of the best.  Now, I'm not sure what I was thinking , except for that I taught and so I always went for a summer baby.  What do ya know, all my kids were born at the end of May and they happen to be all in the same week.  So, for us, the end of May is like Christmas!  Now, they don't all have parties every year.  They take turns and this year it was Emilee.  Her birthday is the last of the three, but since it landed on Memorial Day this year, we decided to do her party the week before so we will start with hers.  She turned nine.  WOW!  I can't believe it!
Emilee looked on the internet all by herself and came to me with the idea of having a "Rock Star" party!  It was so much fun.  We had the girls dress up as rock stars plus I had a bunch of things here they could dress up in and whatever they chose to use, they could take home.  I asked a friend to pant their faces, we made guitars,  and we had Kareoke singing going on.  I even made up a stage area with a backdrop curtain.  The girls loved singing.  Watch Out American Idol!  Your future is ready to sing for ya. 
I wish I could take credit for this cake.  I want to so bad, but I can't.  My good friend Marie made it for us.  I didn't want to cut it, it looked so good. 
Emilee has always been a little crazy, but we sure do love her.
There they all are, Rock Stars and all.  It was a fun day and I'm sure Emilee will always remember it.


Next up was Megan.  Her birthday is actually the first of the three.  She turned 11 this year.  She had a party last year so this year it was strictly family.  She got to pick where to go eat dinner and of course she chose a Chinese Buffet.  She always asks to eat a a Chinese Buffet.  She will say to me, "Mom, I really feel like Chinese food tonight so can we go?"  Ya right!  So we packed up the presents and cake and went on our way to the buffet.
I think I have mentioned this before, but Megan loves cinnamon rolls.  This year she asked instead of having a cake, could we have cinnamon rolls instead.  I didn't see why not.  I was going to make them for her, but then her next request was if they could just be from Cinnabon.  Well, I didn't see why not except the only Cinnabon I knew of closed down and then I remembered they had one on the army base.  Guess what?  I can get on base so off I went to pick them up and that was her birthday cake.  Fun, eh?
I have to laugh.  The waitresses were so funny.  They gave us decorations and a candle to decorate her cinnamon roll.  I love it!

Now that is a girl who loves cinnamon rolls. What a mess!



Last, but of course not least is my little Hunter Man!  He turned seven this year and his birthday
 actually lands right in the middle of the two girls!  I can't believe it!  My youngest is getting to big.  He also had a party last year and so his as well was strictly family.  On his birthday he actually had a father and son campout with the church, so we had to celebrate his day the next day when they got back.  He asked to go to Cici's Pizza and was so excited to get a Harry Potter ice cream cake.

Hunter is hilarious.  He is always asking for a tuxedo.  I don't know why except he wants to impress I guess.  So I had found this T-shirt and thought it was perfect for him.  He loved it.
Whew!!  Another year done and gone!  It is always a little stressful, but we always get through it.  The great thing is about having all the birthdays in the same week is that I'm done!  I don't have to worry about it for another year. 

I love my kids so much!  They are tons of fun, most of the time.  I wouldn't change a thing.  I know it is a little late on the blog, but Happy Birthday kids!  You are so the best!

No comments: