Thursday, August 23, 2012

First week of school 2012

It was the first week of school this week.  This I feel is always an exciting time.  How could it not be.  New school clothes, lunch boxes, back packs, and all the essential materials to make it a fantastic school year. The kids would never admit it, but I think they were just as excited.  
 Hunter is going into the third grade this year.  Can you believe it??  I hardly can.  I mean he is my baby and I swear I feel like I was in the hospital the other day having him.  He so doesn't seem like he is in third grade, but he is.  Third grade and up is upstairs in the school so that makes him feel big.  He is one of the big kids now.  I think I may cry.  
Oh Emilee.  She is a big fifth grader this year.  She gets to switch classes each school day.  She has three teachers.  One for reading and language arts, one for science and history and on for math.  This will be a different year for her, but she came back the first day loving it.  I hope she keeps that momentum.  I have already heard from one of her teachers how much they just love her.  That is how it always is with Emilee.  Her teachers always stop me in the hall just to tell me how much they enjoy her in their class.  I have good expectations for Emilee the year.  She will do awesome.
Emilee and Hunter are at the elementary school while Megan is at the middle school this year.  It sure is different to see them catch the bus at different times and come home at different times.
This is the one that really makes me crazy.  I just cannot believe that Megan is now in middle school.  She is my big 7th grader.  12 years old and has the attitude to match.  She has grown up to be a beautiful girl, even though I try really hard to imagine she is still little.  It is hard for me to let go.  She seeks for so much independence and I try to keep her from it.  She for sure has found her individuality and even though I may shake my head and even roll my eyes, I love it.  I am so proud of her and I hope she has a wonderful year.


No comments: