Saturday, December 1, 2012

Ice Skating


The other night, I took the kids ice skating.  Emilee had gone once before with a friend, but Hunter and Megan had never been.  I think for the most part the kids had a blast.  They had some ups and downs, but they had fun doing it.

Hunter had a lot of fun at the beginning.  He just took off.  They had these walker thingys to help them learn balance on their skates.  He just took off slipping and sliding along.  He fell sometimes, but he would get right back up.  Then he fell once and just couldn't get up for anything.  He kept sliding too much.  Megan had to help him to the side of the rink.  By then, he had enough.  I should have been prepared to skate with them, but I did not have the socks on my feet to get skates.  I wish I would have gone.  Anyway, Hunter has decided that ice skating just isn't for him.

Megan and Emilee on the other hand had a blast.  They started out a little shaky but they were old pros by the end.  They took my camera out on the ice and took pics of themselves trying to look like official ice skaters.  It was very funny and very cute.  I had so much fun watching them.  

I want to take them again, but next time I want them to bring a couple of friends.  I think that it will be so much fun.  And hey, maybe next time I will even skate myself.  It has been years, but why not??

2 comments:

Egypt said...

thank you

Robert Jennifer said...

Thank you for sharing such great information with us. I really appreciate everything that you’ve done here and am glad to know that you really care about the world that we live in dolor de cabeza