Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Boat





















So, when we moved away from the west, I learned something about Jeremy that I never knew. Amazing how you learn things about your husband all of the time. Anyway, he loves to fish. I asked him why I never knew this and he replied that in Las Vegas there was no place to fish. No place good anyway. Well, he went with a friend in Virginia from time to time, but they mostly just fished off the shore since neither one of them had possession of a boat. Talk of him wanting a boat then started. Of course he really liked the idea of one of those great fishing boats they used on those fishing channels, but like that would ever happen in the near future. So, he has been looking for the next best thing, and last week he finally got it. In Kentucky of all places. Now, it is just a small John Boat ( I guess that is what it is called. I am not very fluent in boat language) This particular boat is actually 2 pieces. It comes apart so that you can put it easily in your vehicle, then is easily put back together to make a great fishing boat on the lake. He wants to get a small motor to put on it as well. ( he has a name for that too, but I am not fluent in motor language either) The kids are excited to go fishing with him. They each have their very own fishing pole. They just need life jackets now. I have to say I am not the fisherman so I will leave this activity for him and the kids. They like to spend time with just their dad anyway. So, now Jeremy is looking forward to a nice day to try it out. Let's hope it won't sink. I must say, that would be bad.

1 comment:

Karena said...

I am sure that they will have lots of fun with it.
Those are some of my best memories of being with my dad, fishing and shooting!
I will hope that it doesn't sink;-)