Saturday, October 24, 2009

Ahh! The Invention of the Telephone


So, we all have probably heard the saying, "Diamonds are a girl's best friend". I think I might have to disagree with that and say that it is probably the telephone. Through the many years since the telephone was invented, girls have chosen this object to be the desire of their heart, the connection, and the addition to their ear. And so it starts with our family. Yes, my girls have discovered, THE TELEPHONE. It rings constantly around here and I wish I could say it was for me, but no, it is usually for Megan and sometimes Emilee. Some days the girl's get home from school, they rush in the door, and it is not uncommon for me to hear the question from Emilee, "Mom, can I call Lilly". I then say,"Didn't you just see here all day at school." Emilee then might say, "But I didn't get to talk to her." Later, the phone rings, "Is Megan there"....hold on please. 10 min later, the phone rings, "Is Megan there...and this might go on a few more times through out the day. Sometimes I might even hear Megan and Emilee get upset with one another, because the other has been on the phone long enough. Now I fully expected this to happen, but I thought I had a few more years. So, now it starts, my girls are growing up and I can't seem to stop it. I am not sure I like it. I am just grateful they still think boys are yucky.

1 comment:

Bridges Family said...

At least they are not asking for cell phones yet!