Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving is a great time of year to be with your family and friends.  Like many, we do not live near my family.  For so long, we did and I have many wonderful memories of Thanksgiving Day.  It is so fun to visit all day long, play games, and just hang out.  The food itself is overwhelming and there is so much and so many favorites that you look forward to all year long.  Because of all this food is the reason why I didn't cook Thanksgiving in my own home this year.  I am sorry to say, but it is way too much for just us, especially when your kids eat like little tiny birds.  Last year, my dad was in town, so it was worth cooking a great meal and smelling the turkey all day long.  This year it was just us, so we decided to head up to Nashville and eat at the Golden Corral.  Now, you laugh, but we were together, no cooking, and best of all no clean up. 
 There is a park that we like to go to in Nashville.  It has lots of fun things to do, wide open spaces to run, and some trails to hike through.  After we ate, we went to the park and played for the rest of the day.  It was fun.  We had a good time and even though we couldn't be with my extended family, at least we had a great dinner and time to spend with one another and that is something to be grateful for.


No comments: