Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Back to the routine of things

The time has come again.  School Time!  The anticipation is over and we are back to our old routines.  I have many friends who dread this day.  They say that the summer is too short and are sad to see their kids go back to school.  I myself do not feel that way.  I never have.  Does that mean I love my kids less??  I don't think so.  I  just love to get back to the routine of things.  Let's face it.  I do enjoy my time.  It is nice to get the house in order again and to finish projects that I have put off for awhile.  Some how it is always easier to get them done while the kids are at school.  Besides, the kids will never admit it, but I think they enjoy going to school as well.
They woke up refreshed and excited to go.  Outfits picked out for the last 2 weeks, hair done, breakfast eaten, teeth brushed, lunches packed, and backpacks packed.  They were off.  What did I do you say on the first day of school?  Exercised, laundry, finished some projects for the Young Women, ran a few errands, and before I knew it, the kids were back home on a most stormy day.  
Megan is in sixth grade this year.  It blows my mind.  I remember her first day of kindergarten and it feels like we just had it.  This year they are doing something a little different.  She is now at the top of the school in ranks.  Big sixth graders who have the rule, right??  They have a schedule, start out in homeroom and switch classes, but not as a class, but individually, just like middle school.  She came home and said she liked it that way much better.  She is also a little worried.  She knows they are more strict and worries if she is ready for all this.  I assured her she will do just fine as long as she always does what is expected of her.  
Emilee is in fourth grade this year.  WOW!  She has the same teacher Megan had, which I am so pleased.  Megan grew so much in that class and I know Emilee will do the same.  She had a fantastic day her first day.  She came home all excited as she told me all the things that she gets to do.  
Then there is Hunter.  My baby.  He is a big second grader now!  I still can't believe it.  I tell Jeremy all the time I don't think it is possible that he is in second grade.  He seems so much like my baby.  I suppose he is and he always will be.  I was also so excited to find out who his teacher was.  She will be awesome with him and I know I will see such great strengths out of him this year.  

So another school year started.  It is exciting.  I am so blessed to live where the kids go to such a great school.  They love it.  They love their friends and they love their teachers.  

4 comments:

Emily H. said...

I feel exactly as you do with the kids going back to school Julee! Glad to hear they all had a great day!

Karena said...

I love my kids, but I love the start of school! Even though it means I can't sleep in, it means less fights. We still have until the 22nd though, its also my due date. Should be an interesting year!

Anonymous said...

To the Lamps family, you are blessed, I feel so happy learning and reading about happy family.

Mr.Romeo said...

Nice photo editing, I must say you are professional editor.
Nice family you have, missing my school life