Monday, October 24, 2011

Changes


Change.  This word can make you feel so many emotions.  When I begin to see the leaves change colors I feel so much excitement of my favorite season coming.  I love the fall time.  I love the weather, I love the holidays in the fall, I love the fall scents of apples, spice, cinnamon, pumpkin, and just the way it smells outside.  Yes, when I think of fall, I think of change, and I think Hmm, it doesn't sound like such a bad word.

Sometimes though change is hard, and that is what I feel now.  Even though in retrospect, it is really a good thing, but it still is hard.  Not long ago, our ward was split.  Only a few families were taken from us and though we miss them, it seemed OK. Then we found out that our stake was splitting.  Now, that actually was very exciting news.  There has been one stake here in Huntsville and at last there are now going to be two.  This bring us to the hard part.  Our ward was then on Sunday split for the second time.  147 people are leaving and are now in Madison 2nd.  OHHH!  What a shock!  Our family is part of that 147.  Now, I have been in a few different wards and each holds dear to me.  The friendships I have made through them have been wonderful.  This ward has been fantastic!  I have grown to love so many!  They have been fun to serve around and I will truly miss continuing to serve with them.  Yes, friendships can't change, but with all of our busy lives, it sometimes can be hard to keep those friendships alive.  Gosh, I do sound sappy, don't I.

Of course change is exciting.  The Lord's work is going forth here in the South and here in our area, we can see it grow everyday.  It is truly exciting.  We will miss Madison 1st ward very much.  You have all been wonderful to serve around.  What an awesome thing to happen and Madison 2nd ward will be an exciting new adventure.  I can't wait to serve with those families again that split before us and to meet a whole new group of people.  Those that stay back in Madison 1st, remember, I love to go to lunch, the movies are fun, and ice cream taste good.  I am up for anything.  Don't forget!!  

No comments: