Thursday, December 1, 2011

Before and After

Isn't furniture just so much fun.  I love looking at various furniture pieces and thinking, Ah, if only......I think furniture shopping can be tons of fun, though Jeremy would strongly disagree.  The problem with furniture shopping though is lack of funds.  Oh, the nerve, right!?  Well that leads me to our computer desk.  We have had our desk only for four years.  It has been through so much in that four years and considering it was a little on the cheap side and not entirely what I was looking for, it has provided itself useful.  I have been hating it though for sometime thinking that it really had to go.  So, I started looking again at desks and you remember that lack of funds I was talking about before,...Well let me tell you.  A nice desk is not cheap.  So, I have been thinking just re-do it and let's just try and get another four years out of this sucker.  So my dad is visiting for a while and I decided to put him to work.  A great project for the two of us.  (OK, so he did do most of it, but that is besides the point.  I did help strip the desk down though, which is quite the job.)  Well, we finished and I say not bad for a cheap desk to have.  Here are my before and after pictures.


I think it looks pretty good.  Not bad dad!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I think that is fantastic.

Karena said...

That is a huge difference! It looks great!

the walking dead comic said...

good improvements :)