Sunday, December 21, 2008

11 years. WOW!!!




Jeremy and I just celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary yesterday. Can you believe it? We have been married for 11 years now. It seems like just yesterday that we were married. I have to say that it has been a good 11 years. It is nice to know that I married my best friend.
Well, the evening on the 19th Jeremy and I were getting ready to go to dinner and before we left I was telling the kids that the playroom and their bedrooms better be cleaned when I got back that night. Little did I know that I wasn't coming back that night. After dinner, we started driving up HWY 72 and we kept going and going and going. About 45 min later we ended up at a lodge called, "Joe Wheeler State Park Resort Lodge" Above is a picture of where we stayed. He already had a bag packed in the car for us. Jeremy did this once before, about 10 years ago. It was our first anniversary. After church he said let's take a ride and we ended up at State Line (NV-CA state line). He also had a bag pack in the car then as well. I guess I can expect this every 10 years. It was very nice. Of course this time it
was really nice cause I have kids and even though I love my kids, it is nice to get a way for a bit with your husband.
The picture to the left is the view from our balcony. This place has cabins, cottages, and the lodge. We stayed in a suite in the lodge. Every room has a view of the lake. This is taken from a camera phone so it is not the best picture, but it was a nice view.
Well, I have to say that I am very lucky. I am lucky to have Jeremy as my husband. Even though we tease each other, quite a bit, he really is a wonderful husband and father. We have a great family together. People often say that marriage is hard. I disagree. I have never thought marriage was hard. It has been a great 11 years and I know the years will only get better as more time goes on.

2 comments:

Karena said...

We got away overnight without kids for our 7th anniversary, but I planned it. We didn't have to pay for the hotel because David had so many marriot points. I have told him that when he get enough points we need to do it again! I agree with the kids thing, you love them but need breaks from them to get rejuvenated! It sounds like a wonderful surprise!!

Bridges Family said...

This is what we NEED this year. We are celebrating our 6th in a few weeks. I think I'll start planning it now!