Sunday, December 14, 2008

Saturday, at the Museum

Saturday morning, Jeremy woke me up and said he wanted to go for a drive and we had to leave soon. (He does this to me often, must be a guy thing) We decided to go to Florence and the Shoals area here in Alabama. It is about an hour away. (This is the birthplace of Helen Keller. You can tour her house. We did not do this at this time, but maybe another time) If you know Jeremy, you know that he loves Flea Markets. (Me, not so much) He wanted to go to one there, which actually wasn't operating. We have a family pass to all these children's museum all over the country. They have one in Shoals, so we decided to take the kids. They were excited. They had a good time and of course they didn't want to leave. It wasn't as big as the one here or others that they have been to, but the exhibits they did have were good quality. I loved the braille exhibit. It was fun to make our names in braille. What a great idea. The day didn't go how I expected, but for once, the kids got to do what they would want. Sometimes we drag them from place to place and they grin and take it in stride. It was a good day for them. Now they are just waiting patiently ( OK maybe not that patient) for Santa to come. I hope you enjoy the slideshow below of the fun that they had.

1 comment:

Karena said...

Sure looks like the kids did have fun! What a cool museum. I want to send you a Christmas card and was wondering if you would email me your address? I think you have my email, if not I will try to email you to get it. Thanks!