Friday, February 20, 2009

Birthday Dinner

Well, It is over. We just had our Relief Society Birthday Dinner. As most of you know, I am the RS Enrichment Counselor in the presidency. It is at these times that I am the most busiest and am grateful that we only have the four enrichments a year now.(I would be very stressed if it was every month like in the days past, I feel for those who had to do it that way) Now my old friends in Virginia told me that last year for their dinner, they had a few people decorate one cake for each table in a theme ( a grandmother, a mother, a wife, a daughter, a sister, a friend). These were the centerpieces on the table and the dessert for after dinner. I thought what a cute and great idea. I am a big copy cat. Boy do I have everyone fooled, they all think I know what I am doing. So that is what we did. We then had a program called Women of Destiny (which I did in Virginia when I was Enrichment Counselor there) This was about seven songs from the CD in conjunction with a slide show that I put together with pictures of the various sisters in the ward. There were talks/scriptures in between the musical numbers. The last one was on Emma. As in Virginia, it turned out well. I thought I would add pictures of the various cakes below. They turned out well. We have some great sisters in the ward. Everyone involved did such a good job.

a grandmother......

a mother.......


a wife........



a daughter..........


a sister.......

a friend.........



3 comments:

Karena said...

Sounds like you did a great job!
I don't think that you need to worry about using others ideas, that is one of the things that I do and it makes it so much easier!
Hope that you have a great night!

Bridges Family said...

Looks like the event was a huge success! Congrat's. Ours in a couple of weeks and I am really looking forward to it. We should have lots of fun too!

Kristi said...

I love that we have the same calling...but these ideas are coming far too late for me - I'm already in the planning stages for our upcoming RS Birthday and would have totally loved to do something like this.

I need you to teach me these great slide shows you keep doing! How do you project it? What program are you using? I want o be like you! :)