Thursday, March 12, 2009

Junior Music Festival



A couple of weeks ago, Megan had the opportunity to perform at a music festival in front of judges. Her piano teacher thought this was a good way to help her play in front of others and to learn how to better her music skills. She played two songs and was in the room by herself. No parents were allowed while they were performing. She did fantastic. We got the results last week, and the outcome was superior ratings for both songs. Megan is doing so well. She gets better all the time. She seems to enjoy it. I hardly ever have to ask her to practice. In fact, she practices sometimes 3 or 4 times in a day. Sometimes she just passes the piano, sits down, and plays. At times, she even thinks she is better then her mom. Well, I wouldn't be surprised if she passes me up in the next year or two. I will be looking forward to it. We are so proud of her.




2 comments:

Raenie said...

That's so awesome. What a great feeling as a parent to know that your child is excelling and doing what she loves. She is developing some great skills, not only just in playing the piano but in confidence, dedication, and courage. Way to go!

Karena said...

That is great!
I wish that I could play the piano better.
I taught myself, but can only do one hand, if that.
In our ward it is really needed.
One of these years I want a piano for our house and also to take lessons.
We will have to see how long that takes to happen:-)