Monday, March 16, 2009

We all can create

So, my friend in Virginia had this video clip on her blog. It was a talk that was done by Dieter F. Uchtdorf. They made it into this nice inspiring video clip. I would like to thank her for putting it on her blog. What a great message and what wonderful inspiring words that they were. This was one of my favorite talks given by Elder Uchtodorf from our last Women's Conference. It really does make me think and feel about creation. We all have the ability to create. I myself always feel pride in things that I can create. For example, I love to play the piano. (Though, I am not always good at the piano, but I still love to play) I got this new piece of music to play. A song that I just love. When I started, I thought no way, I am never going to learn it, but I persisted and now I think, how could I have thought that. Now, I didn't create the song, but I created the process in which I learned the song. Other things I like to create might be, a letter to a friend or family member, blogs, a craft for super Saturday (though usually I steal those ideas), lessons for church, a new way in teaching something to help my children learn, friendships, jokes I might share with my husband, time with my children, and even a new skill every once in a great while. We all have the ability to create something. What can you create? If you don't think you can, sit down, and think. I bet you have creations every minute of the day. (you might have to pause my playlist music, so you can hear the clip)

4 comments:

Raenie said...

That's awesome! I love this too. I think the whole creative process is empowering. Very cool.

Sherri said...

Julee, I loved this talk too. I love to create things. I love it that the Lord has blessed us as women to help create these wonderful children we are blessed with. I love sharing ideas with you and doing projects and crafts with you. I miss that!

Ann Marie said...

I agree! This is a great clip!

Thanks for coming to my blog. I will have to look for the info with the clocks. 2 ladies make them.. and we just assembled them. If you want there numbers.. I will get them for you. Let me know.
Thanks again for stopping by!
You have a cute blog! ~ Ann Marie

Sherri said...

Funny thing happened. I had just viewed this video clip on your blog and then went to the RS Birthday Party and my counselor used this same clip as part of her presentation. I guess things this good get around quickly.