Monday, July 13, 2009

The Ultimate Twilight Experience

I know, you are not going to believe it. I hardly believe it myself. I never thought I would participate in anything so hilariously funny. This last weekend, me and some friends here in Huntsville, had the crazy idea to go to Atlanta Georgia for the weekend and attend a Twilight convention. At the beginning, I was like, NO WAY!, but as I thought about it, I thought weekend with the girls and no kids. That sounds like fun. So, that is what we did. We all got Gold status and enjoyed each other at the Twilight convention in Atlanta Georgia. I have to say, I have not laughed so hard and so much in my life. They had five guests at the convention. Billy Burke who played Charlie Swan, Peter Facinelli who played Carlisle Cullen, Kellan Lutz who played Emmet Cullen, Ashley Greene who played Alice Cullen, and Catherine Hardwick, the director of Twilight. They all had question and answer sessions. They were all very entertaining, extremely nice, and very informative. With our Gold Status, we were able to get their autographs (which I bought a T-shirt for them to sign because I forgot my DVD), and even attend a Twilight Ball. I know, you are jealous, right?
I personally did not want to go to the Twilight ball, but the friends said we were all going and I had no choice in the matter. Actually, it was kind of fun. Kellan Lutz and Ashley Greene attended, went around and talked to everyone. Ashley Greene sat down at our table and chatted. Kellan Lutz even gave me a big hug. Kind of cool. They were both very nice. My camera was not working very well so my pictures are not very good, but good enough I suppose. My family back in Vegas will appreciate this.....Kellan Lutz loves games. He loves to have some sort of game with him whether it is cards or dice to play on his down time. I had brought with me the card game Monopoly, which I learned in Vegas from the family. My sister-in-law Patty bought me the game and it has been in my purse ever since. We played it a couple of times and I decided I was going to buy the card game and give it to Kellan when I got his autograph. He was stoked, so he seemed. Even gave me a hi-five and couldn't wait to play it with Ashely on the plane. So, if you ever see an interview with him and if he ever talks about the Monopoly card game, just remember, it was me who gave it to him.
Also, when we talked to Catherine Hardwick we mentioned a good book series that she might like that would make a great movie. The Poison Study series. She seemed very interested and wrote it down and made sure she knew who the author was. You never know, it just might get made. She was very nice and I enjoyed her more then I thought I would, since some of her interviews she seems a little wacky. It was a fun weekend with friends. I don't think I would go to another Twilight convention again. There were definitely some crazy Twilight fans there. Talk about die hard fans, some interesting, some wildly crazy and annoying, and some who were just like me, who wanted to have a good time with friends. I am glad I went.

No comments: