Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First Day of School

Ah, the first day of school.  So many emotions for this day.  For the mom of a first child going into kindergarten has many different emotions then the mom who is on there fifth or sixth child going into kindergarten.  For me, I have to admit is a lovely day.  Don't get me wrong.  I love my children.  I love spending time with them, I love hearing their stories, I even love (sometimes) their emotional breakdowns.  With all that love, sometimes,  I want to share it with their teachers.  My kids, even though they won't admit it, I think were excited for the first day of school.  And even though they won't admit it, for the most part, enjoyed it.  I was having some thoughts of when each went into kindergarten for the first time yesterday.  So, I got out the old photos and decided to compare.  How they have grown.  Especially my oldest. 

                          
I probably couldn't find my camera the first day of kindergarten when Megan went to school so I must have used my phone and we think camera phones are bad now, back then they were awful.  Megan started school in Las Vegas, but we were getting ready to move to Virginia.  We knew she would only be there a few months, but she loved both kindergartens.  She is still short, but has grown up most definitely.  She didn't like her first day of fifth grade too much.  Here in Alabama, they have to change classes through out the day and she has three teachers this year.  She says she doesn't like to do that.  Megan has never been one for change and isn't ready to grow up at all.  I say that is fine, but she will want too in time.  I can't believe she is 10.  Wow!  Time does go by fast.  She did say her second day was much better.  She will get use to all the differences and I am sure will have a great year.


Emilee started kindergarten in Virginia, but like Megan, we knew she would only would be there for a few months before we moved to Alabama.  Also like Megan, she enjoyed both kindergartens a lot.  Emilee is my little studious student.  She loves school, though if you ask her now she sometimes says no, but I think that is just because she listens to her sister too much.  She is always well liked by her friends and her teacher.  She had a great first day of third grade and loves her teacher.  I never worry about Emilee at school.  She is always happy.

Not much change for Hunter since he just started school last year.  And what do you know, we actually had a child finish kindergarten with the same teacher.  How 'bout that?  Hunter is very silly when it comes to school.  I am not sure what goes through his head all the time.  His teacher last year only had great things to say about him.  He seems to listen well, but he says he doesn't like school at all and thinks he would get along fine without it.  I think he liked his first day of first grade.  I see him smiling and then when I call him on it, he says he wasn't and doesn't like to sing and doesn't like the big spider hanging on the wall in his new classroom.  He is such a character.  Mostly talk I tell you.  I am sure he will get along just fine.


It will be a great year for all of them.

1 comment:

hope said...

I just realized our kids are the same ages. And in opposite order. Funny! They are so cute!

And I know exactly what you mean!