Saturday, August 7, 2010

Peaches

I love peaches!  I never really knew how much I love peaches until about 6 years ago when my ward in Las Vegas took orders to have some peaches delivered to us from the great state of Georgia.  So, I ordered a box.  OMGosh!!  So good.  They just are not the same in the grocery stores.  Everyone of them was a bit of heaven.  A year and a half later, we moved to Northern Virginia.  I thought "Wow, look at all the orchards around.  Surely the grocery stores will have some great peaches"  No....They don't.  The next year my cousin had come to visit so we had took her and the kids and went to an orchard to pick some.  OMGosh!!, so good.  Now we are here in Northern Alabama and I thought once again, "Wow, these peaches look so good in the store"  No, they weren't.  Very disappointing.  So, the other day I ventured out to find some good peaches that were not in a grocery store.  I am here to say, I succeeded.  My friend told me about this place off the 72 called Isom's.  (For all of you living near here)  They were fabulous.


Don't they look wonderful??  Believe me, they are!  Well we didn't stop there.  They had some nectarines to eat.  So I ate one with the kids.  Megan says"MMMMmmmm, I like that!" I guess she has never had a nectarine....go figure.

Now I think I like nectarines just as much as I like peaches, but again, you can't seem to find good ones in the stores so I guess I never bothered to give them to my kids.  My kids were all over them when we got home.  Don't they look good??

We ended up getting some grapes also.  They were really good as well, but they have seeds in them so I don't know how much the kids will eat them, but that is OK.  I still like them. 

LESSON TO LEARN:  Don't buy your peaches and nectarines in the grocery store.  So not worth it.  Either grow them yourself, find an orchard where they grow them, or if this is not available for you, find away to make that order from Georgia.  I still will say, that those were the best peaches that I ever did have.  I guess that is why Georgia is called the "Peach State".

1 comment:

Bridges Family said...

You are so brave to make an awesome blog spot about weight loss! Good for you!! I miss having some of the local farms in Virginia - especially for the apples!