Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"Smokies"....Tennessee

Last week our family was able to go to the "Smokies" of Tennessee.  We went a couple of years ago, but we thought it was time to go again.  We went to Dollywood again and instead of going to Splash Country this time, which is right next to Dollywood, we decided to go to an indoor water park in Gatlinburg called Wild Bear Falls.  Of course the kids had a good time.  They were definitely in their element of fun.  I have said it before and I will say it again, I am impressed with Dollywood.  Coming from the west, I always thought it was a park that probably was a joke, but it is a very nice park.  Very green, lots to see, and a good variety of rides for everyone.  Most rides you do get wet on, but I have to say..It felt really good to get wet that day.


We were lucky that day at Dollywood.  It called for rain and we didn't get any.  The next day we went to the water park and what do you know, it poured and you know what??  It didn't matter 'cause we were indoors.  Hunter had a blast.  He was so excited to use his swimming skills that he was able to learn this summer.  Emilee wasn't to shabby on her swimming skills as well.  Megan of course loved the big water slides.  She tried really hard to get Emilee on them, but Emilee just didn't like how high they were.  I went on one of them with her a few times, but I wouldn't go down the really fast one.  Something about being in total darkness heading down a really really fast slide.  I lost my nerve.  What happened to me.  I use to go on anything.  I almost went 'til I heard someone say, "I am never going on that slide again."  So what if it was a kid that said it.  Don't feel too bad for Megan.  Her dad went down it with her and she found a friend to hang out with. 
We had a good week. But, like always, it was good to get back home in our own beds.

No comments: