Sunday, September 21, 2008

Primary Program

I know that I just made a post about our Mini HULK, but I wanted to let you know how the kids did in their primary program. I told you before that Megan was asked to play the piano while the primary kids sang the song"Home". She practiced and practiced and practiced. This morning, (the day of the program) she was an emotional wreck. She teared all morning and was tearing up at church. She said that her tummy felt funny. I told her that she had practiced so hard I knew that it would be great. When it was her turn, she got up and looked very brave. She did a wonderful job. I didn't hear one mistake. Hunter was his stubborn self through most of his practices. Wouldn't say a word. I made a deal with him that he liked. Today, he got up there, said his part real well, and sat down. I new he could do it. Emilee was the luckiest. She was the last person to say her part. I told her that usually the last things said is the thing people remember the most. She was fantastic. I took a picture of the kids when we got home today and I thought I would post if for you. Just know this, I am so lucky to have such great kids.

4 comments:

Karena said...

They look so cute and I am sure they all did wonderful. Our program was on the 14th. It went well also, but Abi only had 2 short lines.

Andrea said...

Hi I got your message on the Davis 2nd ward blog. Thank you for the compliment. We worked really hard on that enrichment. Every stocking had and orange and an apple and a little bit of candy(hershey's kisses,etc)Not too much sugar. There was a lot of hygene stuff, toothpaste,toothbrushes, combs, soap, (hygene kit stuff).Then we added various toys (age and gender appropriate). We tried getting donations from a local Walmart, but we didn't do it early enough, so we ended up asking for donations from the sisters. One sister donated $100 worth. Very generous. They bought socks, gloves, little make-up things, little toys...anything small. Several sisters also donated used, but good condition toys. We took them to a local charity(another church actually), that provides low income families with presents. We really wanted to keep it local and make an impact in our community. I hope this helps. Let us know how it turns out.

Andrea said...

Oh yeah, we got the hygene stuff from the American Red Cross. A guy in our ward was going to Central America to do service and he had a bunch of hygene kits left over, so we used them. It was a real blessing.

Bridges Family said...

Cute kids! Love the picture!