Thursday, May 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Hunter!

Can you believe it? Five years ago, I was getting ready for preschool graduation. I ran into a friend, whose child I was teaching that year. She asked if the graduation was still on. (she must have had some premonition or something) I told her of course and that I had just set up the chairs the night before and I had just bought some of the refreshments. We were on. Little did I know. As I was getting ready to go to the doctor before graduation, little Hunter had other plans. My water broke. He was ready to come. Too bad his head was in the wrong direction. They had to do a C-section. It was the fastest birth that I ever had. Too bad I was on the drugs when he was born. Some of it is a little fuzzy. I didn't have that preschool graduation after all. Well, today Hunter is five years old. When each of my children turn five, I take them to Build-A-Bear and some where nice for lunch where they can sing Happy Birthday to them. Today was Hunter's turn and let me tell you, he has been looking forward to it for weeks. He could hardly wait until the store was opened. He wanted a puppy with a Buzz Lightyear outfit on. Well, they no longer had Buzz, but Hunter was very happy to find Batman instead. He picked the Puppy, the voice, stuffed it, gave it a bath, and dressed him. Afterwards, we went to Applebees, where the staff surprised him by singing very loudly to him and giving him ice cream. I think Hunter was a little scared of that and didn't know what to do. He sure did enjoy his ice cream though.
Up above is Hunter giving his new puppy a bath. He scrubbed him, blow-dried him, checked his heart, gave him his shots, and made sure he was in perfect condition. Down below is his puppy all dressed and happy to have a new home with Hunter. Hunter is glad to give it to him. He named his dog, "Bat Dog". That is what we wrote on the birth certificate, so I guess the name is here to stay, though Hunter says if he gets a Spiderman suit, his name will be Spider Dog. Go figure. Bat Dog also has his own MP3 player to listen to. Believe me Hunter has made sure of that all day. The only problem is that Bat Dog isn't the only one who hears it all day. The ear plugs must have speakers on the outside instead of the inside. Now we all hear the music all day long.
Well, my sweet Hunter is now five years old and what a blessing he is in our lives. He definitely makes us laugh all day long. He has everyone wrapped around his fingers (especially Grandma). He is very stubborn and conversation is never at a stand still with him. He talks all day long ( hardly without taking a breath). He is very picky about what he likes and doesn't and of course he is very lovable. He gives me kisses and hugs all through out the day. What a wonderful boy he is. We love you Hunter! Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Karena said...

Happy Birthday Hunter!
Sounds like a great day!!