Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Megan!

Well, on May 24, 2000, Megan Nicole Lamps was born. As most of you know with your first pregnancy, it was a long exhausting day. We started out about 7:30 in morning and about 7:30 pm., Megan was born. She was very small to me and very cute. As most of you know, I have 3 kids and all of their birthdays are in the same week at the end of May. Crazy, I know, and yes it was planned, but who new it would be that precise. When we lived in Las Vegas with all the family, I usually had one big birthday patry with three cakes. Since we moved, I do them separate. Megan has parties on her even ages, Emilee has parties on her odd ages, and Hunter will start when he is six and have them on even as well as Megan. Last year, we had just moved to Alabama so Megan didn't get her party, instead we went to a small amusement park down in Birmingham. So, even though this year it is Emilee's turn for a party, I told Megan that she could invite 3-4 friends and we would go to Jump Zone and ice cream. (Jump Zone is a facility that has all these jumping blow-up air things that are all through out the rooms, about 7 or 8 of them. Some of them are big slides, some are obstacle courses, and some are jumping houses. The kids run like crazy, jump and slide on all the stuff, and have lots of fun. ) I made them take a short break to take a picture. It was so much fun to watch her with her friends. I can't believe she is nine years old now. It has gone by so fast. It seems like just the other day I was taking her home from the hospital and thinking, WOW, I can't believe that I am a mom. I guess I still think that at times. She is a great little girl. Very smart and very talented. How blessed we are to have her with us.


After Jump Zone, I took them to Marble Slab. Marble Slab is just like Cold Stone. They got to choose their flavors and what to mix into their ice cream. One even chose banana with cookie dough. I know, doesn't sound very good, but she assured me it was very good. I think I will take her word for it. I think Megan had a good time with her friends. Happy Birthday Megan. We love you very much.


1 comment:

Karena said...

Wow, 3 birthdays in the same week. I think you are a trooper. The bouncy houses sound fun!