Saturday, December 19, 2009

It's the little things....

When we lived in Virginia and had moved into our house, everything was almost perfect except for the fact that on our kitchen sink, we didn't have a water sprayer to help clean the dishes. Now some of you might be thinking, big deal. Well, when you don't have it, let me tell you, you miss it. Of course I survived without, but I sure did miss having it. When we got our house here in Alabama, funny I know, but that is one of the things I looked at in the kitchen. Sure enough, it was there, but as we moved in, no garbage disposal. Again, what's the big deal, just scrape the food in the garbage, which you are suppose to do anyway even if you have a garbage disposal. Well, we have been scraping food into the garbage as clean as we can for the past 2 years and let me tell you....It's the little things that you miss. My dad is visiting for Christmas and we insisted on his help, not only to help install the garbage disposal, but find the electricity line, plumbing line, and fixing the right side of the sink, which has been broken since September. Today is a historic day for the Lamps family. After four years we now have both the water sprayer on the sink and the garbage disposal. Life is good. The new garbage disposal, ready to be installed in the sink. Woo-Hoo!, Say it with me, Woo-Hoo!
This was just the beginning of the messy counter for two days. As long as the garbage disposal got in.
Jeremy is now making sure that everything fits OK as he gets it all in.
Isn't it beautiful. A real work of art.


I wasn't there at the end, but I hear the kids gladly helped in cleaning up. I am not sure if I believe that and if they really did, it must be because Santa is on his way.


No comments: