Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The beach and more......

Below is where we stayed at.  We stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.  Now, you may have seen this hotel on TV if you ever watch shows that are set in Honolulu or Waikiki.  You usually notice it as the big tower with the very large rainbow on it.  The Hilton probably has about 5 towers.  We actually stayed in the Rainbow tower.  It was a very nice hotel, except the bed was not so good.  I woke up every morning between 3 - 4 am.  I thought at first that maybe it was the time change that was affecting me so much, though that might have been some of it, the bed was just not comfortable.  Besides that, I was very happy with our hotel.  The people were nice, it was right on the beach, and there was lots to see from it.  We had a very nice view of the beach which you can see from the pictures that I have added.
Before Jeremy had to work, he was able to get a few activities in.  One evening we decided to go on a Sunset Cruise.  Now we have been on these kind of cruises before, but each one we go on is very different.  This one was a buffet and it had some entertainment on it.  Kind of like a mini luau.  We were hoping to spot some whales before it got too dark, but not a single one did we see.(This time of year is suppose to be big to see whales, but we never saw one.)
The first day Jeremy went to work, it was kind of a rainy, windy, gloomy day.  I was hoping to hang out at the beach a bit, (which I did the day before)but it just wasn't a beach day.  I decided to go to downtown Waikiki and hang out at the shops.  I did go on the beach for a bit, but just to look around.  It was not a day for sun.  I liked all the shops down there.  They were fun to look at.  The rain held out for most of the day, but on my way back to the hotel, I got caught in it.  By the time I got back though, Jeremy got back just in time to go to dinner.

No comments: