Thursday, January 20, 2011

Polynesian Cultural Center --Laie Hawaii

This was the day I was waiting for.  I was so excited.  I had heard so many good things about the cultural center and couldn't wait to go.  Well, it started raining hard the night before and the next day it was pouring.  How unfair!  I wasn't going to let some rain ruin my day, so I bought an umbrella, took my rain jacket, and waited for my bus.  The rain was off and on through out the day, but I had a great tour guide that did his best to keep us out of the rain and helped us to have a great experience.  I loved the shows, I loved the hands on activities, the food was fantastic, and I thought our Samoa guide was excellent. 

The evening ended with a show called, "The Breath of Life".  This went through all the Polynesian islands and showed us the things which made each island unique but similar as well.  It ended with fire dancers from Samoa and it left me speechless.  Well, as I said before it had rained off and on through out the day.  When the show was over and I left the covered theater, I had seen how much it had been raining.  As I made my way to the bus, I had to walk through water up past my ankles.  The bus was suppose to bring us back to the hotel by 11 pm.  Well, we were stuck before the bridge back.  We couldn't go forward or backward and the rain was raining even harder.  Water was up to the knees of the firemen as they helped cars get off the bridge.  Finally after a few hours, we were able to pass.  I finally got to the hotel about 1:30 am.  It was a long exhausting day, but even with all the drama of the rain, it was well worth it.   

No comments: