Saturday, October 18, 2008

Achievement Girl's Day Hike

Today we had an Achievement Day Activity. The girls got to go on a hike. The leaders asked if a parent could come a long with their child. I have to say that at first I was not enthused to go. It wasn't so much cause I didn't want to go on hike. I actually like to hike, but as some of you know I have a huge fear of snakes. I know. It sounds silly, but the slithering critters are around here and have been known to cross paths with the non-suspecting hiker here in the woods. You are thinking, come on, get a grip, get over it, what's the big deal. Whatever. The weather has gotten a bit cooler so I was banking on that. Now this hike was suppose to be a simple mile hike. By the time we were through, it was probably a 2.5 to 3 mile hike. We must have chose the wrong trail. It was up, down, through the rocks, jumped over a few ridges. We definitely got our exercise, but the girls seemed to have a lot of fun. Though they were pretty tired at the end. I asked them if they wanted to go again. NO WAY was the response. The weather was pretty perfect. Temperature was nice and cool. Definitely a great fall day. I took this picture of Megan on one of our breaks. It really was very pretty.

After the hike, the girls played on a little playground set that was set right before the trails started. Here is Megan, chatting away with one of her friends. It really was a fun day. I think tomorrow though, I might be a little sore. And guess what? I didn't see one snake. I am glad I went and enjoyed a great day with my oldest daughter.

1 comment:

Karena said...

Sounds like fun.
Too bad it will be a while before I have a Achievement Days girl:-(
I am not sure I would have chosen to go either, but glad that you had fun.