Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Night

Halloween Night. The kids have been talking about Halloween since Halloween Night last year. It finally came. First the kids got to go to a Trunk or Treat up at the church. It was only an hour, and early enough so the kids could get a chance to go trick-or-treating. They had a great time at the Trunk-or-Treat. Though when we went out later that night Emilee and Hunter had a hard time. They were not as happy. We went about 15 min. and both were ready to turn in. I got them to go for about another 30 min after that. Megan on the other hand, could have gone all night.
WATCH OUT Gotham City, Here comes Bat Girl! Megan changes her mind daily for a year of what she is going to be for Halloween. For a while, it was suppose to be an astronaut. We were going to make her costume and everything. She started playing a game on the Internet that she learned about from school. It was about making up a super hero. She decided that is what she wanted to do. So Bat Girl was the winner. I have to admit. She makes a great looking Bat Girl.

Move over Captain Jack Sparrow, Here comes Elizabeth. About January, I was at the Disney Store and I found this costume on the clearance rack for $4.00. I had to get it. Somebody was going to wear it. Emilee was the winner. Poor Emilee had a hard time Halloween Night. The night before she was up all night with a bad cough and fever. She missed school today, but seemed to do well throughout the day. She did well at the Trunk-or-Treat as well, but while we were Trick-or-Treating it all came back. She was miserable. Probably the night air. We came home, she took some medicine, and went straight to bed. She does make a beautiful Elizabeth though.

Arggggg! Hunter was at the store with me one day and wanted this Pirate sword so bad. Tears just ran down his face when I had said no. Grandma gave in and decided to buy the sword for him, but I had told him that if he wanted the sword then he was going to be a pirate for Halloween. He agreed. His costume I pretty much made up. Shirt, old pants, and I bought a pirate hat. He looks good. He couldn't wait to go Trick-or-Treating. Everyday he would say, "I can't wait, Let's go tonight" Well tonight after about 10 min. He kept saying, "I want to go home ." I couldn't believe it. It was a struggle to finish the block.









2 comments:

Karena said...

Very cute!
I understand about the changing minds often with what they want to be. Finally it was the same thing for 2 weeks before and that is what stuck. I think they are really sweet when dressed up, but now we have so much candy that we will be eating it forever!

Dan and Nicole said...

Your kids are so cute! They make better pirates than we do!