Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Kitten & New Moon


On Thursday, when the girls were getting ready to catch the school bus, we went out and found a little furry friend. A little kitten probably no more the 5 weeks old. It followed us up our porch and was all over the girls and tried to follow them to the bus. I was so afraid it would get ran over. I wouldn't care so much if it were an adult cause they usually know better. I took it inside put in a box and decided I would take it to the Humane Society. Megan couldn't understand why we couldn't keep it. I tried to first explain my cat allergy which isn't as bad as some, but bad enough. Also that it cost money and it all adds up. We just were not in the position to make such a commitment. This is all gibberish though to and 8 year old. Before we took the little kitten in Hunter had a chance to play with it. I have to say, I was a little tempted. It was really a cute playful kitten, but then I came to my senses. At first the Humane Society said they didn't have any room for a kitten, but with a little persuasion they took it in. (By the way, they do have a no kill policy)
On another note. For those Twilight fans out there. I just finished New Moon. I know, that was fast. I just finished Twilight on Friday. My girls couldn't understand how I could finish a book so big (to them) in just a day. I told them, when I like something it is easy to read fast. In this case I was just trying to get to the chapters when we saw Edward again. Jacob seemed like a nice kid and all, but I didn't see the connection as well as I did with Edward and Bella. Each time I finished a chapter, I felt I had to go on the see if Edward was back yet. Darn it. You hooked me again. I guess it is time for Eclipse. At this rate I will finish all the books by Friday.

1 comment:

Karena said...

It does look like a sweet kitten.
I am allergic, and my husband also, so no matter what we will never have a cat in the house. Sure is hard for kids to understand!