Saturday, October 4, 2008

Twilight

OK, so I just finished the book Twilight by Stephenie Myers. I have to say that I really liked it. I didn't think I would. See, my first experience with a Stephenie Myers book was The Host. I hated The Host. I thought it was very boring and very hard to get into. I told the book group that I didn't think I wanted to read this Twilight series since I hated The Host that bad. Well, a friend there encouraged me to read Twilight and assured me that I would like it. OK, so grudgingly I decided to read it and unfortunately she was right. What a great book. I enjoyed it very much. It took me about 3 days to read it. I just couldn't put it down. Can I just say that I love Edward Cullens. Doesn't it just take you back to those old feelings? The drawback is this; Now I have to read the other books of the series. I was hoping to not like it and now I am stuck. Even worse, I can't wait to see the movie. For those of you who haven't read it yet, I would encourage you. For those of you that have and liked it, Darn it, You sucked me in.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Julee,
Glad you liked the book so much. I loved all of them and I think you will too. I liked "The Host" although most people either hated it or loved it. The "Twilight" series is better though. I wish you here so we could talk about it. I wish we could go to the movie together.
Happy reading! You will love the other books too and they are a fast read. Sherri

Karena said...

I loved all 4 books!
A group of friends are already planning on catching the movie together on opening night.
If you liked the first one, the rest are just as good.
ENJOY!!