Sunday, November 23, 2008

Silent Night

We just had our final Enrichment Night for the year. It turned out so well. I had created a Power point presentation about the life of the Savior. It started with his birth and ended with his Resurrection. The presentation included various pictures of the Savior, scriptures from Luke, music, and a video clip of the end of the Savior's life. Books were made up that followed the presentation and the sisters were suppose to write down thoughts that they might of had during the presentation. The idea of the night is that everyone is suppose to be silent. When I was the Enrichment Counselor in Virgina, we did something similar to this, but I made the presentation a little different this time. I had to create from scratch, but I think I liked it better. It turned out quite nice. My Enrichment Leader is great. She planned all the decorating and helped so much to put the final touches of the night together. We were so surprised how many sisters came. It really was a great night. So many expressed their gratitude after. I thought I would post a couple of pictures of the decorations. We went crazy with the Christmas lights, but it was fun. After the program we had apple pie and ice cream. It was a great night to start the Christmas Season. How grateful I am to know my Savior.



4 comments:

Karena said...

Sounds like a very nice enrichment. You put a lot of work into it, I don't even know how to do a powerpoint. We just had our YW in Excellence and luckily my 1st counselor's husband did all that, I just had to provide the pictures.

Staying Young in Vegas said...

I think it is people like you that make Relief Society so great. Love is in the details!

Nathan Jensen said...

Wow Julee, that looks great!

Kristi said...

Wanna burn me a copy of that slide show so that I may use it in future Enrichments? :) Sounds like a great night!