Sunday, November 16, 2008

Time Out

I had the great opportunity to go to Nashville this last weekend and attend Time Out for Women. It was fantastic. I normally do not like to put pictures of me on the blog so this is a first and a last. They had some great speakers and some great musical performances. We heard from speakers like Emily Watts, Chris Stewart, Camille Olson, Jason Wright (which was so nice to see again), Chieko Okazaki, and Carolyn Rasmus. They all did such a good job and I left feeling great, refreshed, and learned a few new things. We were able to sit right behind all of the speakers and performers in the front rows. They were all so nice and wonderful. Great to talk to. This is me and Hilary Weeks. She has such a wonderful voice. All her music was way beautiful. I was so dumb though. Here I told her the only song I can play on the piano and sing at the same time was "He Hears Me". I did tell her I only do that when nobody is home to hear me. I also didn't realize how funny she is. She was very insightful and very funny.

Here is Kenneth Cope and me. He is another LDS singer that I have always liked. Of course he was just as nice and seemed very happy to speak with everybody. He sang some new songs that I have never heard. They were wonderful songs.



Hilary Weeks is singing. I know the picture isn't very good. My camera was having a problem.


Chieko Okazaki is speaking here. She was great. She had so many technical difficulties and she was such a good sport about it all. She is very funny as well. I enjoyed her talk and all of the others as well.
I really did enjoy the weekend. It has been a long time since I have done anything like that and well needed. I was able to meet so many others from all over the South. We all laughed, shared and enjoyed each other company. I am already to go to another one. There is a lot I will take of what they said and put it into my own life.




3 comments:

Sherri said...

I have always wanted to go to one of those Time Out things but never have. Glad you had the opportunity and had such a great time.

Karena said...

I got to go to one of those last year and it was one of the best things I have ever done. I want to go to another one, but who knows how long that will be.

Bridges Family said...

I went to one with our RS a little over a year ago. I remember that is was great... even with Max in tow. He was quite little. Glad you had the chance to go! We miss you here in Winchester!